Büyükelçilik

Diplomatic relations between Turkey and Romania were established in 1878. The Embassy resides in a central district on an area of 3.200 m2 and composed of the historical residence and the chancellery. The building used as residence was built at the beginning of 1900’s and was purchased by Ambassador Hamdullah Suphi Tanrıöver with the approval of Atatürk. The Embassy incorporates Office of the Military Attaché, Office of the Counsellor, , Office of the Security Counsellor, Office of the Religious Counsellor and Office of the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency (TİKA) Representative.

There exist a Consulate General in Constanta as well as Honorary Consulatesin Cluj-Napoca and Iashi. Transactions of the Turkish citizens on passport, citizenship, enlistment and notarialas well as the visa transactions of the third country citizens are performed by the Counselor Section of the Embassy and the Consulate General in Constanta.