Turkish Embassy in Bucharest

Embassy

Diplomatic relations between Turkey and Romania are established in 1878. The Embassy resides in a central district on a 3200 m2 area and composed of the historical residence and the chancellery. The building used as residence was built at the beginning of 1900’s and was bought by Ambassador Hamdullah Suphi Tanrıöver with the approval of Atatürk.  The Embassy incorporates Office of Military Attaché, Office of Trade Counselor, Office of Security Counselor, Office of Religious Counselor and Office of the TİKA Representative.

There exist Consulate General in Constanta and Honorary Consulates in Cluj-Napoca and Iashi. Transactions of the Turkish citizens on passport, citizenship, enlistment and notary and the visa transactions of the third country citizens are performed by the Counselor Section of the Embassy and the Consulate General in Constanta.